Certifying Healthcare Providers / How to Register
How to Register
Get step-by-step instructions on becoming a Certifying Healthcare Provider with the Massachusetts Medical Use of Marijuana Program (Program).
Contact the Program at (833) 869-6820 to request the necessary Medical Use of Marijuana Program Online System (Online System) paperwork. You may be asked to provide the following information:
- Your Board of Registration in Medicine number (Physicians only)
- Your Board of Registration in Nursing number (CNPs only)
- Your Board of Registration of Physician Assistants number (Physician Assistants only)
- Your Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration (MCSR) number
The Program will forward the Online System registration paperwork to your organization’s Access Administrator.
The Access Administrator is a member of your organization who is responsible for arranging access to the Online System for healthcare providers who are members of the organization. If you have questions regarding your organization’s Online System policies, please seek guidance from your organization.
Your Access Administrator will be asked to complete one or more of the following forms:
- Access Administrator Designation Form: Please write “Medical Use of Marijuana Online System” on the Online System Business Service(s) line at the top of the form. An organization is required to designate at least one Access Administrator.
- Online System Services Agreement: To establish an account in the Online System, the Access Administrator will need to complete a services agreement.
- User Request Form (URF): This form is used to designate the Certifying Healthcare Provider(s) in your organization that will have access to the Online System.
Mail the completed and signed services agreement, along with the User Request Form and Access Administrator Designation Form, to:
Cannabis Control Commission
Medical Use of Marijuana Program
Union Station, 2nd Floor
2 Washington Square
Worcester, MA 01604
Please note that the processing time to establish an Online System account can take up three weeks. Once your Online System paperwork has been processed, all healthcare providers listed on the URF will receive an email directing them to register with the Online System.
Log into the Online System with your username and password. Select Medical Use of Marijuana System.
Click the Register link, then enter the requested information.
Read the list of Attestations at the bottom of the page. If you agree with the attestations, check the box, then click Proceed.
You will be redirected to the Registration Confirmation screen, which contains your registration number. Click Ok. You will also receive confirmation of your registration via email.
You are now officially registered in the Online System and may certify Qualifying Patients to use medical marijuana.
Attend a Public
The Cannabis Control Commission conducts
meetings and other events to keep you informed.
Subscribe to Our
Sign up for updates from the
Cannabis Control Commission.
Attend a Public
The Cannabis Control Commission conducts meetings and other events to keep you informed.
Subscribe to Our
Sign up for updates from the Cannabis Control Commission.