Notice of Hybrid Public Meeting May 11
In order to provide the public with ample notice about a recent change to the Cannabis Control Commission (Commission)’s meetings, the agency is issuing the following information.
Starting May 11, Commission public meetings will return to a hybrid format, open to the public both in person and online. The in-person portion will be held at Commission headquarters located at Union Station, 2 Washington Square, Worcester, MA 01604. All public meetings will continue to be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams.
For those who plan to attend a public meeting in person, please note the following general guidelines:
- Doors to the Commission’s public meeting room will open at 9:45 a.m.
- The capacity of the public meeting room is 78 people.
- Attendees will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.
- Once the meeting room is at capacity, additional constituents will not be permitted to enter the Commission’s public meeting space and will be asked to join the meeting online.
- To accommodate as many interested parties as possible, the Commission encourages attendees who occupy the public meeting room to only do so during the time that they have business on the agenda.
- Commission public meeting agendas typically do not include public comment. Separate listening sessions may be scheduled for constituents to testify on specified topics.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the meeting room.
- All cell phones should be silenced during the meeting.
- As is common practice with government buildings, there will be a police officer onsite to maintain public safety and order as needed.
- Staff cannot accommodate walk-in visitors to Commission offices.
- For more information about traveling to Union Station by car, visit the Union Station website: https://www.worcesterma.gov/union-station.
- Elevators are available in the parking garage that is adjacent to Union Station, as well as in the building, for easy access.
- For those traveling by train, the MBTA commuter rail schedule is available here: https://www.mbta.com/schedules/commuter-rail.
- Currently, there is MBTA construction ongoing at Union Station. Please plan accordingly.
- The online meeting will have closed captioning.
- For future hybrid public meetings, if you plan to attend in person and will require an ASL interpreter onsite, please notify the Commission at least two weeks prior by 5 p.m.
Public meeting agendas will continue to be posted to MassCannabisControl.com at least 48 hours in advance of each meeting, in accordance with the Open Meeting Law. The agency is available by email at Commission@CCCMass.com and phone at (774) 415-0200 to answer additional questions.
Subscribe for updates from the Cannabis Control Commission.