Consuming edibles and other cannabis-infused products may pose a poisoning risk.
Why? Cannabis-infused products can take up to two hours to take effect, which can result in overconsumption. Also, the amount of THC, the active ingredient found in marijuana, is often unknown in edible products, which can also lead to overuse.
Always be sure to keep all marijuana products, including edibles, in childproof containers and out of the reach of children. If you believe you or someone you know has been poisoned, call 911 or the Poison Helpline at (800) 222-1222.